For Eligibility, Benefits, Application Form and other details please visit Ministry of Home Affairs websitehttp://mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/OCI.html
Submission of Applications for OCI service at the Embassy :
0900-1200 hrs on all working days.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE FORM
Applicants are advised to read the instructions before filling the OCI application. The OCI application has three Parts i.e. Part A, Part B and Part C. Part A has to be filled in for each applicant of the family and Parts B and C are common for all applicants of the family. Part A of the OCI application form is to be submitted on-line by the applicants whereupon a registration number will be generated which may be called Reference Number. Once Part A is submitted on-line, the applicant cannot make any changes to it.
Once the Part A is printed, it contains Reference Number (example THABI0148010). Applicants can use this number to check status of their application on-line themselves from the website :http://mha1.nic.in/ForeigDiv/ForeigHome.html.
Embassy of India will not entertain status queries from individual applicants over telephone.
Minor children whose both parents are Indian nationals; or one parent is Indian national and other not eligible for OCI Card, are not eligible to apply.
Documents to be Submitted by applicant in person
(One set, arranged in following sequence before submission)
- Application Form Part A, Part B and Part C duly filled
- Photocopy of Passport (submit original Passport for verification)
- Photocopy of Identity Card
- Four photographs of size not less than 51 x 51 mm or 2 inches x 2 inches in light blue background. One each pasted on the application form and two spare.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate and its English translation (submit original Birth Certificate for verification).
- All documents should be self-attested by the applicant.
In addition, any one or more of the following documents will be required to establish your Indian Origin or link to Person of Indian Origin. These will also be arranged by applicant in sequence given below.
- Photocopy of Passport of parents/grand parents (submit original Passport for verification)
- Proof of relationship with parents/grand parents (submit original proof for verification)
- Photocopy of documents in case there has been a change in Name/Surname alongwith its English translation
- Photocopy of previous Indian passport (submit original Passport for verification)
- Photocopy of House Registration Certificate (or any other secondary proof) and its English translation (submit original House Registration Certificate /any other secondary proof for verification)
- A written/typed letter amplifying or clarifying any other aspect of Indian origin, based on documents submitted.
- If applying on basis of OCI Card holder, photocopy of OCI Card and proof of relationship (submit original OCI Card and original proof of relationship)
- Check list of documents in sequence as per format given in these instructions.
NOTE Indian Passport of applicant /parents/grand parents is primary documentary proof of Indian origin. In case where this is not available, secondary proof (such as House Registration/Domicile Certificate/Revenue records/Education Certificate) may be submitted, which will be subject to verification from issuing authorities. Applicants are advised to have secondary proof attested from concerned government authorities before submitting documents for OCI Card.
Applicants are advised to ensure that no column of the application is left blank. Apart from affixing photographs and signatures at the designated places on the application, it may also be ensured that the requisite numbers of spare photographs of prescribed size are enclosed with the application.
- Full front view of the applicant’s head and shoulders showing full face in the middle of the photograph
- Have a light color background (not white, preferably light blue)
- The photograph should measure not less than 51 x 51 mm or 2 inches x 2 inches without border
- Applicant’s signature/thumb impression should not touch outlines of the signature box.
- Please note that in case of minors, the signature of either parent should not be there in the signature box. It should only have thumb impression of the minor.
Type of Service
Fees (Thai Baht )
|Registration Fee as Overseas Citizen of India(OCI)||8,600/-|
|Registration Fee as OCI for PIO Card Holders||800/- (4600/- in case of minor)|
|Issue of Duplicate Certificate of OCI (in case of loss or damage)||3200/-|
|Issue of OCI in case of change of particulars||800/-|
Fees would not be refunded in case OCI is not granted.
Note : All OCI card holders are informed that they can travel to India with the OCI card only.They need not carry the passport containing the OCI sticker.
This is w.e.f January 31, 2014